The aroma of bread baking in the oven reminds us of all the comforts of home. This week we take a twist on the traditional banana bread and add a couple secret ingredients. You can modify to fit your tastes and preferences. Whatever you decide let us know how it tasted. Enjoy baking.
Pineapple Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients: butter, eggs, and sugar. Gradually add the banana, coconut, and pineapple. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Spoon into a 8in. x 4in. greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour to an hour and ten minutes. Or until the bread is baked in the middle.
- Let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove it to a wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf
Adapted from: http://www.jamhands.net/2013/09/moist-pineapple-banana-bread.html